Internal Business Communication
For this week’s discussion assignment, find an internal communication document (this could be e-mail, newsletter, memo, or other internal means of communicating with staff) that you have seen either in your current organization or another organization that you are familiar with. You could also research on the Internet and find a suitable business communication document.
Based on your analysis of the chosen business document, complete the following tasks:
- Discuss who the intended audience is for this document as well as what the intended message is.
- Rewrite the document in your own words using the different concepts that you learned about written communication in Week 1 and Week 2 of the course. Post your rewritten document to the discussion as well.
- Next, write a minimum of three paragraphs that include outside references to explain the importance of effective written communication both as an individual and as a team member. Include the answers to the following in your explanation:
- What are the advantages to good communication?
- Many people cite communication as a large issue in the organization in which they work. Why, in your opinion, are there so many communication issues within an organization when it is such an important aspect of a successful organization?