1) Option #1: Assessment of Legislative Roles
Given the readings this week, you now have an understanding of the legislative and judicial branches. Write a paper examining the roles of the legislative branch in health policy. Describe how this branch needs to relate to other stakeholders and assess where conflict between the stakeholders may and does occur.
Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length, not including the title or references pages
2) Option #2
Find one or more articles about a good/service the United States exports and a good/service the United States imports. In a well-written paper, explain the following:
- Discuss what this suggests about the United States’ absolute and comparative advantage when it comes to this good/service.
- Using the concepts of supply and demand, discuss what effect a “Buy American” campaign might have in the market for the imported good.
- Given what economists have to say about comparative advantage, would such a campaign be good or bad?
Adhere to the following standards:
- Your paper should be two to four pages in length, not including the title or references pages.
- Each paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion