In this module, you learned about the most important ethical standards in human services. Boundaries, competence, and accountability through documentation and program evaluation are the foundation of the effective practice of direct service providers and the stable functioning of human service agencies. The agency administrator has the responsibility for ensuring the ethical delivery of services, accountability of agency employees, and sustainability through funding and best practices in service delivery. Familiarity with these ethical and operational standards will prepare human service administrators to manage complex and diverse agencies.
In a minimum of 200 words, respond to the following:
You may choose any human services agency (such as, mental health agency, child welfare agency, substance abuse treatment facility) for your response.
- Discuss two potential ethical dilemmas related to issues surrounding trust and boundaries in the professional relationship.
- Identify and discuss the steps an agency should take to monitor your agency’s compliance with the following standards: maintaining client records, evaluating treatment outcomes, and ensuring personnel competence.
- Identify the manner in which you would search for eligible funds or assist with proposal or grant writing to secure funds to run your programs.
- By Saturday, December 5, 2015, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, December 9, 2015, respond to at least two other classmates’ posts. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between one or more lin