Write a research paper of 10–12 pages of body text (not counting your title page, abstract, and works cited pages) discussing, in APA format, some major aspect of spirituality/Christianity and some aspect of trauma, as described below. Please don’t provide just a secular viewpoint or just a spiritual perspective. Integrate them using journal articles or book chapters on the topics as sources. Cite everything. Balance the paper with both a biblical worldview and theoretical perspectives.
Choose one of the options.
- Discuss traumatic effects and responses and many of its related difficulties as well as recommended treatment options, together with spirituality in general. Incorporate a biblical worldview throughout. Use current (8 years or less) research and the Bible to support your approach.
- Choose one or several types of traumatic event (natural disaster, domestic violence, sexual assault or abuse, motor vehicle accidents, etc.) and discuss appropriate assessment and treatment options. Use current research and the Bible to support your discussion.
The two options are similar with the exception that one is a general approach and the other applies your examination to a specific area.
- Length of paper: 10–12 pages – Points will be deducted if the paper is less than 10 pages or exceeds 12 pages. (Excluding title page, abstract and references.)
- Include at least 10 current references (within the last 8 years) – points will be deducted for each missing current reference.
- Follow APA style. Review rubric for guidance.
- Paper will be graded on thoroughness, content, and use of theoretical material and integration of biblical perspective.
- Plagiarism – Using or passing off someone else’s work as your own is a serious academic offense. Papers will be submitted through SafeAssign to check for the proper treatment of sources. You may submit a draft version to check your score and then redo and submit.
- Plagiarizing your paper will result minimally in failure of the assignment. Plagiarizing can also result in automatic failure of the course and academic discipline. Please make sure that all work is your own or is cited appropriately.