Ebola at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
- Watch the video titled “Full interview: Matt Lauer and Dallas nurse Briana Aguirre” (17 min 26 s), located athttp://www.today.com/video/today/56243958#56243958. Texas Presbyterian nurse Briana Aguirre who treated Ebola stricken colleagues announced publicly that her protective outfit had rips, as well as gaps in it – exposing body parts to the potentially deadly Ebola virus. She claimed that hospital administration ignored her concerns when she brought it to their attention, and she was given no Ebola training. Briana Aguirre has received praise from colleagues and the media for going public with this information, as well as harsh criticism for being a “whistleblower” from other colleagues and the media. In your opinion, did Briana Aguirre act ethically or unethically in going public with this information? Should she be fired from the Texas Presbyterian hospital? Support or challenge Briana Aguirre’s decision to go public with this information.
Assignment 3: Presentation: “Biggest Challenges Facing Organizations in the Next 20 Years”
Due Week 5 and worth 250 points
In this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that outlines what you believe will be the biggest challenges facing organizations in the next twenty (20) years.
Faculty Note: For students taking this course online, if there is a hardship for any student in being able to secure a microphone to complete this assignment, the student is allowed to use the notes section of PowerPoint to write a narrative of what they would say if actually presenting / narrating.
Write an eight (8) slide presentation in which you:
- Provide a title slide (as indicated in the format requirements below) followed by a slide with an introduction to your presentation.
- Presentation should include your choice of the five (5) challenges you believe organizations will face in the next twenty (20) years. Only include one (1) challenge and your explanation for choosing that challenge per slide for a total of five (5) slides.
- Provide one (1) summary slide which addresses key points of your paper.
- Narrate each slide, using a microphone, indicating what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- You are now deciding on resources for a project team. You have a choice to staff a team of resources who will be dedicated (or allocated) 100% to the project, or staff a team of resources who will be dedicated (or allocated) part time to your project; however, they will dedicate 100% to the activities you assigned them. Using information from the readings, which set of resources will you choose? Or, will you choose a combination of both? Why?
Business and Government Relations” Please respond to the following:
- Discuss the main reasons why a business should or should not be involved in political discussions or take a political stand. Use terms found in Chapter 9 to demonstrate your understanding of the material. You can submit your initial discussion post and responses in either written or video format (2-3 minutes or less).