- Discuss the importance of a chemical dependency counselor behaving ethically in interactions with clients. Consider the following:
- What state laws or regulations involving standards of conduct, transmission, and storage of private health records exist?
- Professional codes of ethics contribute to maintaining ethical standards in a profession. Discuss professional codes in the counselor profession, such as the ACA code.
- Are there any national or regional professional organizations that promote ethical behavior in chemical dependency counseling profession?
- Describe the difference between behaving ethically and behaving legally, and give an example.
- What is the most serious legal consequence of the counselor behaving unethically, and what are the long-term effects of this consequence.
The final slide in your presentation should be a reference page, detailing all of the resources you utilized in completing this presentation. Be sure to reference all of your sources in APA style format.