The purpose of the Portfolio Project is to synthesize current project metrics research and make recommendations for how the knowledge can be applied in an organization. The final project is structured to help you demonstrate an understanding of the course material as well as the implications of new knowledge gained from outside research.
Click on the attached link to read the case study “Franklin Electronics” from your textbook. Based on the case study, answer the seven questions found at the end of the case study and write a proposal to Franklin Electronics describing how you would do to turn the project around. When writing the proposal, assume the role of a highly regarded project management consultant hired to review, analyze, and advise Franklin Electronics on the necessary direction to be used to get the project back on track. Your proposal should address the following:
- Discuss Six Sigma process improvement for tracking time and cost, and the root cause of the problem. At a minimum, your discussion should include:
- Cause and Effect
- New approach to tracking Earned Value and Scope
- New Schedule and timeline
- Discuss your recommendations on how Franklin Electronics can use project management principles to meet their goal of improving efficiency and empowering management to make better and informed decisions through the use of Earned Value Management.
- Discuss how an effective Earned Value Management System contributes to organizational effectiveness.
- Finally, present your strategy on how Franklin Electronics can share best practices across the organization. The paper should be 7-10 pages in length, well-written, properly referenced, and in conformity with APA format. The paper must be supported by at least six scholarly references