*Using the attached lesson plan, develop a lesson that combines ideas, themes, and knowledge from
social sciences and art during a 30–40 minute period with an elementary class. You will need to incorporate specific strategies to increase student
comprehension of the content you will be teaching. Develop one of the following original lesson aids to include in your lesson
• An appropriate worksheet or practice sheet
• An appropriate instructional game for 2–4 students (describe the game and
its rules in 1–2 pages)
• An appropriate 10-question quiz
2. Include one visual aid that complements and extends meaning in the context
of your lesson.
* Determine learning goals and objectives for this lesson, show them incorporated into your lesson plan. Write an essay (suggested length of 1–2
pages) in which you:
1. List the learning goals that define what you expect students to know and be
able to do by the end of the lesson.
2. Discuss how the goals are aligned with local (where available), state, and
*Create an original assessment plan to monitor student progress toward learning
goal(s) related to mastery of social science concepts. Your plan must include a
written pre-assessment, a formative assessment, and a written post-assessment.
Note: You will include the administration of a pre-assessment and a postassessment
from your assessment plan with your lesson.
1. Provide blank copies of your pre- and post-assessments.
2. Write an essay (suggested length of 1–2 pages) in which you:
a. Explain how your assessments align with the learning goal(s) and
b. Explain how your assessments authentically measure student learning.