In Week 2, you submitted your Topic Selection and Proposal. Throughout the length of the course, you have read about your topic, increased your knowledge about your topic, and gathered credible information while conducting research on your topic. Now, you get to consolidate all of your research and assignments into one deliverable final Research Project.
The Basics of APA Style Tutorial is helpful in writing your paper.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Give a brief explanation of your chosen topical area.
- Based on your chosen topic, define the problems and challenges that exist in crime and criminology. Explain the historical issues that have contributed to the problems and challenges.
- Address the internal and external stakeholders and how they contribute to both the problems and the solutions in crime and criminology.
- Discuss the data and information that you have collected while conducting research on your topic. Discuss how the data relates to the problems and challenges in crime and criminology.
- Develop a solution that addresses the problems and challenges in crime and criminology, based on your research.
- Use at least eight (6) scholarly sources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, Ask.com, Answers.com and general websites do not qualify as scholarly.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss evolutions in criminal theory to explain current and technological evolutions in crime.
- Evaluate and explain ethical issues inherent in criminology.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in crime and criminal behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice topics using proper writing mechanics and APA conventions