compare and analyze the films, answer the following questions:
1. One film portrays the Vietnam War and one portrays the iraq War. Which portrait did you find most compelling and why?
2. How does the age of Apocalypse Now! and less sophisticated cinematic technique available when it was made stand up to the cinematic techniques of The Hurt Locker? Give examples.
3. Why did you feel the directors made these films? Do you think this was achieved?
4. Did the films make you see or think differently about the wars and the people in them than you did before you watched the films?
5. On the website IMBD, The Hurt Locker has a positive rating of 7.9 on a scale of 10 with 76,708 votes. On the website IMBD, Apocalypse Now! has a higher positive rating of 8.6 with 168,296 votes (more votes overall because it is older, of course). Which film do you think will last the test of time better and why?
You may add any other insights you had comparing these two films.