University students are enrolled for courses through the use of the Web. Suppose that the University has contracted you to re engineer the enrollment process that considers the Web and other modes of input. The expectation is that you will gather information from current system users, analyze the collected data, propose a solution, and provide a requirements document.
Assume that your professor has been tasked by the University to be the stakeholder for the re engineering of the enrollment process. Assume further that you are the analyst that will propose and document the system-as-is and system-to-be. A discussion thread has been setup by your professor so that you will post questions for the professor as the stakeholder for questions pertaining to this project.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Determine the following from all the stakeholders:
- strategic objectives
- functional services
- environmental assumptions
- Propose four (4) techniques that you would use to gather information and documents, create diagrams, and document the process as is. Determine which of these techniques you prefer for the enrollment process.
- Propose how you would model the system behavior to show suggested changes to the current process. Defend why you chose the model that you did to show the suggested changes.
- Propose how you would:
- perform a risk analysis on the re engineered process.
- identify obstacles to the re engineered process.
- evaluate obstacles to the re engineered process.
- Create a graphical depiction of the parts of the enrollment process system-as-is and another graphical depiction of the enrollment process system-to-be that you would re engineer using Vision or an equivalent such as Dis. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SPA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Vision or an equivalent such as Dis. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop an integrated system model based on a requirements plan that addresses and solves a proposed business problem.
- Describe the techniques and develop a requirements specification document that solves a proposed business problem.
- Describe the process and develop a system behavioral model based on requirements gathered.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in requirements engineering.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Requirements Engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.