Read the details of the Gladwell Grocery Stores case scenario. In this assignment, you will provide Mr. Bell with an assessment of the current business based on the details of the scenario. You will describe the company in terms of size, industry, type of business, number of stores, etc., and explain to Mr. Bell why you think Gladwell Grocery Stores can benefit from an HRIS.
Assume your role as an HR consultant, and prepare a business assessment that addresses the following criteria.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Assess the current situation for the company, focusing on the issues that the HR Manager is currently facing from not having an HRIS in place.
2. Develop a business assessment for the company, focusing on managing employees from an HR perspective in a grocery store environment and retail industry.
3. Create a list of the key HR functions that you believe will be beneficial to the organization. From the list, choose one (1) HR function that will be the focus of your business proposal moving forward. Explain the main reasons why you chose that HR function and validate your reasoning with research and theory.
4. Explain two to three (2-3) reasons why the company would benefit from adopting an HRIS. Focus on how the HRIS would address the HR function you identified in your business assessment.
5. Use at least (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
6. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
b. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
c. Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
- Analyze the strategy of the organization, the HR strategy and HR programs with HRIS.
- Analyze key elements of the design in database HR relationships and evaluate system considerations in the design.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource information systems using proper writing mechanics.