Assignment 2: Part B: Your Marketing Plan
In Assignment 2, using the same company from Assignment 1, you will focus on the company’s mission, introduction, and branding.
Note: You may create and /or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write five (5) page paper in which you:
- Develop a branding strategy for your product that covers the brand name, logo, slogan, and at least one (1) brand extension.
- Assemble a marketing strategy for your product, and determine an appropriate time table to implement your plan). Provide a rationale for your response.
- Prepare a positioning statement. Include a perceptual map that shows your company’s position against its competitors. From this map, create a statement that depicts your position. For example, “Our product is the fastest in its class for half the price.” Note: See pp. 54 – 55 in the textbook for examples of perceptual maps. You may use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, or other equivalent software to create your perceptual map.
- Examine the relevant consumer behavior for your target market. Explain the main reasons why the brand name, logo, slogan, brand extension, as well as the positioning statement and marketing strategy are right for the identified target market.
- Develop your company’s mission statement and company introduction.
- Use at least three (3) academic resources as quantitative marketing research to determine the feasibility of your product / service. These resources should be industry specific and relate to your chosen product / service. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.