Previously, you were part of a team that researched a number of Asian counties and selected a number that you believed were receptive to trade and investment. You are working with a new client, Spring Clean Products, Inc., whose marketing department is seriously considering opening a detergent plant. Spring Clean Products has requested that you conduct further research on two possible countries in Asia.
Begin your research by compiling fundamental information on each country. Then do additional research to determine the nature of the market opportunity offered by each country or its suitability as a manufacturing site.
Develop a 6 to 8 slide PowerPoint presentation (with 300 to 350 word speaker notes) for your client that will present your assessment of the two Asian countries you have selected. Your findings should include the following:
- Raw materials available (notably sodium chloride [salt], phosphate, and chlorine)
- Skilled factory workers and managers available
- The potential size of the market (including neighboring countries to which the product might be exported)
- Political stability
- Trade and investment policies
- Stability of local currency
- The cost of transporting materials and finished goods
- Government regulation and bureaucracy
- Competition from local manufacturers and other international companies
Following the presentation of your findings, make a recommendation for which one of the countries wou