Larry is the owner of HLS Company and is opening a new financial services business. He leased office space in 10 locations throughout metropolitan Chicago. The tenth office is considered the corporate office. Larry is on a limited budget and has asked the IT experts to work with you to determine the most efficient way of implementing a domain infrastructure for these offices. These offices are going to need to be managed both locally and remotely from the corporate office. Three of the offices have a very limited IT staff to maintain the network services. Larry would like to implement a complete Windows 2008 Active Directory domain infrastructure throughout the 10 offices.
From the above scenario complete a one to two page report that addresses the following questions.
- What steps are required in the planning and design of this domain infrastructure?
- How would you implement and configure the AD domain for these offices?
- What would you implement to allow access between domains? Which type would you recommend and why?
- What should be installed and configured for the offices with limited IT staff and security? How will this be accomplished and deployed?
- What service provides the ability to store data for directory enable applications? List and detail three ways these services can be implemented in Active Directory.