BANKS Industries continues to work on bridging cultural gaps as it embraces the diversity that resulted from its merger. You have been asked to develop a new diversity policy and training series for your team to help employees recognize the impact of diversity in the workplace.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, respond to the following:
- Design a presentation that you will use to present your training plans to your supervisor and the HR department.
- Include a definition of diversity, a description of the cultural issues you intend to cover, strategies you will use to convey the message, and the outcomes you expect.
Be sure to include the following in your presentation:
- A title slide
- A reference slide
- Headings for every slide
- Notes to support the content on each slide
Develop a 7–10-slide presentation in PowerPoint format, not including the title and reference slides. You may reference the reading by Hofstede (2009) as a catalyst for your presentation; however, required readings serve only as a foundation for your presentation. Support the presentation with original research and citations.
Apply APA standards to citation of sourcesBy Monday January 18, 2016.
Hofstede, G. (2009). Geert Hofstede cultural dimensions. Retrieved fromhttp://www.clearlycultural.com/geert-hofstede-cultural-dimensions/
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Presented a training plan that is justifiable in two ways: it can fit a realistic budget and it can be realistically implemented.|
|Designed a professional presentation.|
|Included specific notes on speaking points.|
|Supported ideas with references and research.|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.|
- Analyze inter- and intracultural differences in work relationships, values, and behaviors to maximize individual and organizational performance.
- Create work redesign approaches to improve performance under differing assumptions of employee skill and education level, compensation and reward systems, and cultural expectations.
- Evaluate workforce and labor market profile and organizational needs to focus change efforts on personnel selection, compensation, training, or work design/technical systems.
- Communicate the ethical implications of recommendations to change human resource and/or work flow systems given the presence of multiple cultural subgroups.