Assignment 1: Application – Patient Education on Stroke Prevention
A stroke is a serious disorder that impacts patients quickly, requiring immediate intervention and treatment. Due to implications of this disorder, patient education is essential for patient populations at an increased risk of stroke. According to the National Stroke Association, up to 80% of strokes can be prevented in patients (National Stroke Association, 2012). For this reason, it is essential that you provide patients with the education and tools necessary to reduce their risk as well as identify signs and symptoms of strokes. In this Assignment, you have the opportunity to give back to your practicum site by creating media to educate patients about stroke prevention. When designing patient education media such as flyers, posters, and music, it is important to consider strategies that meet the needs of the patient population you treat at your practicum site.
- Review the stroke prevention articles in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on common lifestyle, behavioral, and cultural choices of the population that you treat within your practicum setting. Consider stroke prevention methods for this population.
- Think about ways to educate patients on these prevention methods. Consider educational pieces such as flyers, posters, or other media that might be most effective with your patient population.
1.Design a media piece to educate patients on stroke prevention. You may create a flyer, poster, or any other media that is suitable for your patient population.
Then write a 1 page paper
- providing a description of the stroke prevention media piece that you created.
- Include the details of your educational media,
- Explain why you selected the particular type of media and how and why it is suitable for your patient population.