Eco 700 capstone applied economics
ECO 700 Milestone One Rubric: Economic Problem Paper (four pages)
Overview: Milestone One forms the foundation for your research. It lays the groundwork by stating what your goal is and how you will get to that goal. This milestone is a living document in the sense that, throughout the course, you will continue to receive encouragement to build on the strengths of your proposal as well as feedback for improvement. As such, it should be approached as one step in an ongoing dialog between you, your instructor, and other students in the class.
Prompt: Write an overview of your hypothesis and a proposal on how to test it. Include the following:
- Overview of the problem
- Expected benefits
- Statistical technique
- Testable hypothesis Guidelines for Submission: Submit a four -page document that uses double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Citations should be formatted according to APA style.
ECO 700 Milestone Two Rubric: Research Proposal (10 pages)
Overview: Milestone Two is your detailed roadmap of what you intend to do and how you will do it. A well-written proposal integrates what you learned all throughout the program and shows how you intend to apply the skills and knowledge you acquired over the past few months. Writing a proposal also helps you formulate the justification for your methodology and helps you anticipate what you may find in your research.
Prompt: Employing feedback from the previous modules, write a final draft of the research proposal. Essentially, it will be an elaboration of the economic problem paper you created for Milestone One.
This report should be professionally written and contain the following elements:
- Research goal(s)
- Relevant audiences and why the research is relevant to them
- Strategies and tactics employed
- Evaluation process
- Data needs
- Cost of needed research
- Timeline Guidelines for Submission: Your submission should be 10 pages in length and should use double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Citations should be formatted according to APA style. Instructor Feedback: This activity uses an integrated rubric in BECO 700
Milestone Three Rubric: Data Analysis Paper Prompt: (four pages)
Write a paper documenting how you are conducting your analysis.
- Describe the techniques you decided to use and their justification.
- Include a critical examination of the data.
- Discuss the statistical outcomes and their interpretation.
- Address any remaining issues. Be sure to include the most essential sections of your statistical package’s printout as an appendix. Guidelines for Submission:
Your paper should be four pages in length (not including charts, graphs, references, or the title page). It should use 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Citations should be formatted according to APA style.