Imagine that you have just started your own freelancing business. You have been hired to create a Web page for a company of your choice that announces the item of the week, month, or year. (e.g., Car of the Year, Pet of the Month, Sandwich of the Week, etc.)
- Create a Cascading Style Sheet (.css) that applies a minimum of background color and font.
- Create one (1) Web page and a heading tag that overrides the Cascading Style Sheet (.css) font settings and makes the font of the heading different from the rest of the page.
- The page must also include:
- An image depicting the item of the week, month, or year.
- At least three (3) hyperlinks to Websites of associated interest to the item and a brief description of what they are about.
- Example: Click here to visit Strayer University
- This link will take you to the University’s main page where you can find further information.
- At the bottom of the page, create a link that would allow the user to email you with questions using the mailto: tag and your email address.
- Note: When the email opens the subject line should automatically say, “More Information Please”.
- Create a footer displaying the Copyright symbol (using the character entity reference), the year, and your name.
- Example: © 2012 Mary Smith
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the structure of the World Wide Web as interconnected hypertext documents.
- Create and validate HTML documents.
- Create presentations using Cascading Style Sheets and DHTML.
- Summarize Web standards in terms of specifications, guidelines, software, and tools.
- Write clearly and concisely about Web design and development using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.