Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
Write a paper evaluating a project failure. (You can use a project you have worked on as an example, or evaluate another project failure with which you are familiar.) Remember to substitute names with pseudonyms in order to protect the privacy of individuals and organizations. Include all of the following in your evaluation:
- Describe the strengths of the project (even failed projects have some strong points) and the contributions of those strengths to project successes.
- Assess what aspects of the project contributed to its failure.
- Discuss the step of the project management process in which the failure occurred. For example, was the failure in:
- Scope definition?
- Resource planning?
- Cost planning?
- Propose recommendations for strengthening project plans and project management activities to prevent failures in similar projects in the future.
- Written communication:Develop accurate written communication that conveys the overall goals of the project and does not detract from the overall message.
- References:Format your resources and citations according to Capella’s APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Font:Arial, 10-point.