Co-Creating a Vision
This assignment is your opportunity to demonstrate your ability to meet the following objectives: Analyze data (i.e. surveys, observation) representing the diverse interests, viewpoints. Also, it is your opportunity to continue to demonstrate your ability to meet the following objectives: Describe the resources that will be needed to implement the school vision, Explain how to utilize the resources supporting implementation and maintenance of proposed programs or activities, ensuring the vision is in concert with school culture (needs, interest), Describe the resources that will be needed to implement the school vision, and Select the technologies that facilitate the development and dissemination of the school’s vision. Additionally, this assignment is your opportunity to demonstrate mastery of the Course Learning Outcomes One, Two, Four, and Five and demonstrates your mastery of the MAED Program Learning Outcomes Two, Five, Six, Eight, and Nine.
Often when we think of sharing knowledge we think of using professional learning communities (PLC). A PLC according to Williams, Brien, Sprague, & Sullivan (2008) “…is being used to mean any number of things, such as extending classroom practice into the community; bringing community personnel into the school to enhance the curriculum and learning tasks for students; or engaging students, teachers, and administrators simultaneously in learning”(p.12). When creating a shared vision, the opportunity to build relationships between community and faculty stakeholders is afforded. By collaborating through the mode of a PLC, an even greater opportunity to make far-reaching improvement occurs. In this assignment you will work in groups (previously assigned by your instructor) as a mock PLC to create a document that in Week Five you will use to present to all school stakeholders.
Your instructor will put you into groups of three to five for this assignment. You will find your groups in the Working Collaboratively discussion in which you will complete some activities related to supporting this assignment (the discussion and assignment are graded separately). In your groups, decide who will complete each topic listed with these assignment instructions below. Next, write your section of the project as follows:
- Project Topic Document: Post your section of the document in the Working Collaboratively discussion no later than Friday (Day Four) AND submit your document for evaluation in this assignment. The document for submission to the assignment area will include a title and reference page. Additionally, include a page in which you outline the information for the group’s topic (Technology, Resources, Data, or Ethical Considerations), as well as who within the group completed each topic. The document should not be missing any components.
- Topic: Clearly note which section you completed from the topics provided in the course guide (Technology, Resources, Data or Ethical Considerations). Discuss the chosen topic by completing all section requirements as outlined in the course guide. Make sure to relate the topic chosen to the creation of a school vision. My portion is technology. Please include technologies that facilitate the development and dissemination of the school’s vision.
- Peer Evaluation: Complete the Peer Evaluation form designating scores for all group members and submit along with the assignment. Discuss what went well and what could have been improved upon.
- Page Requirement: Two to three pages including title and reference pages.
- Source Requirement: Include two scholarly resources in addition to the required articles and text.
- Syntax and Grammar: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Written work contains no errors, and is very easy to understand.
- APA Requirement: Use APA formatting consistently throughout the paper, title page, and reference page.