Congratulations on your recent promotion to engagement manager for a consulting company. Your new role will leverage your skills in supply chain management consulting, logistics, and procurement for various industries, which will offer many challenging opportunities.
The company is a 100-person consulting with a core group of four procurement specialists and a client base of one automobile parts supply chain. Its mission is to reduce delivery time, inventory cycle times, and costs associated with supply chain management for its customers.
The company has been approached by a local hospital inquiring about the company’s ability to improve its logistics and supply chain while maintaining its customer value. It currently has a rudimentary, localized operation in place without an overall governance or strategy process in place. The company has requested an initial briefing on modern supply chain management techniques. Using course materials and other resources, develop a paper for the hospital management consisting of the following sections:
- Define supply chain management.
- Describe the essential components of a typical supply chain management process, and define the components using examples.
- Define push, pull, and hybrid high-level; recommend one for the hospital, and rationalize your recommendation.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Abstract: A summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 2–3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.