Select a president from the table, “Presidents and Their ‘Doctrines,’” in Ruskin, Chapter 4. Then write at least a six-eight-page paper on the doctrine that president used according to Ruskin. Your research must include at least seven credible sources, apart from your textbook. Your paper must address the following:
- Fully define a doctrine and identify why the president of your choice announced a doctrine while he was in office.
- Describe the diplomatic doctrine the president followed, with reference to specific actions or events that occurred.
- Describe the effect that the presidential doctrine has had on regional or global affairs since it was announced during the Cold War.
- Cite at least seven reputable sources, excluding Wikipedia, encyclopedias, dictionaries, blogs and other material that does not qualify as reputable academic coursework.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SPA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- DO NOT INCLUDE AN ABSTRACT, but do include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.