The local health department is considering a new program for the county. Your supervisor has reminded you that it is important to know your consumers in order to effectively market to them. You have been tasked with creating a proposal for the new program based on research of the area.
Research and identify your local community.
Select 1 of the following programs:
- Smoking cessation
- Weight loss or nutrition
- Senior-themed programs
- Community health improvement plans
Create a 2-page proposal and include the following:
- Describe the program you selected.
- Address why you selected the program.
- Describe the cultural demographics of your community.
- Explain the age breakdown of your community.
- Describe how demographics and age affect your local health care market.
- Identify the major health needs of the community.
- Include a comparison of your community to the national health care market.
- Identify the local wellness programs and their effect on health care costs.
- Identify recommendations for how you might market to your local community.
Format your assignment according to SPA guidelines.
Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.