The purpose of this assignment is to develop a Mobile eMarketing strategy for one of the following options:
- A current business you own or a business you would like to own someday.
- Smarty Pants specializes in offering electronic toys to gifted children under the age of 10.
The purpose of this strategy is to reach those that using iPads, Samsung Tablets, Kindle Fire and other tablets along with smartphones of all brands.
A template is being provided to assist you with this assignment, so you are strongly encouraged to utilize it for this assignment.
Write a four to six (4 – 6) page paper in which you:
- Select at least two (2) examples of companies that sell similar products (that is, children’s toys or similar to your business) and determine how they market their brands from mobile devices.
- Research the demographics of the potential audience and explain how and why those demographics would alter your mobile e-Marketing strategy.
- Explore demographics in terms of age, gender, income, career, and more.
- Demographics should always be very descriptive, the object is to describe over 50% of your customer base not 100%.
- Describe how the product could be differentiated through a mobile e-marketing strategy. Justify your reasoning.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis in terms of how you will differentiate the product or service through the mobile eMarketing strategy.
- What are your three (3) opportunities against the competition? And will you take advantage of them. Why or why not.
- Suggest how an e-Marketing strategy could be implemented for the company to include the utilization of mobile devices.
- Will the apps be developed in-house or will you hire a company to hire them? And why.
- If you develop in-house what tools will you use to make it happen?
- If you hire a company to handle the Mobile Marketing apps, who will you use? And why.
- Research at least three (3) trends in mobile e-Marketing and describe how those trends should be addressed in the implementation of a mobile e-Marketing strategy.
- Look at current trends to determine where mobile eMarketing is going.
- Explore text messaging marketing and more.
- Determine the steps that need to be taken to ensure the safety and security of the consumers of your product. Explain your reasoning.
- Anytime we do anything online security is a factor. How will you go about maintaining the security of the app and customer information.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how to apply various electronic commerce mechanisms to support traditional marketing operations and create Web-based / virtual markets for consumer and commercial / organizational transactions.
- Develop viable marketing strategies by applying the principles of marketing and the enhanced capabilities provided by electronic commerce processes.
- Evaluate the expanded dimensions of the external marketing environment brought about by the application of information technology and evolution of the World Wide Web.
- Integrate the promotional mix to market online.