By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 2: Develop cultural self-awareness and other-culture awareness.
- Describe how personal interactions are affected by the characteristics and differences in culture.
- Competency 4: Analyze how nonverbal communication (body language) influences intercultural communication.
- Analyze how cultural background influences communication with people in daily life.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats and contexts.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Our cultural heritage can have a significant impact on our lives. Our heritage influences our religious and political beliefs, interests and hobbies, and even the food we eat.
For this assignment, write a short essay in which you describe your cultural background and analyze how it influences and affects your communication with people you encounter in daily life. Try to be specific in your analysis.
You will use this assignment to create an Adobe Connect video (and transcript) for the second discussion of this unit.
Refer to the Cultural Background Scoring Guide as you develop this assignment.
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Paper, resources, and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting.
- Page Requirements: 250–500 words.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
Develop your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. Submit your document as an attachment in the assignment area.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click on the linked resources for helpful writing information.