The most common childhood disorders tend to fall into one of two categories: behavioral disorders or emotional disorders. This assignment will focus on the behavioral disorders of childhood, which include the following:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADD)
- Op positional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Conduct disorder (CD)
In this assignment, you will gain a better understanding of the similarities and differences among these three disorders by filling out the behavioral disorders template provided in the attachment below.
Recommended sources include your textbook and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website. You can visit this website at the following:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD). Retrieved from:
Then, revisit the case of Anna, the four-year-old girl described in M2: Assignment 1 (also included in the attachment below). Based on your analysis of the case, fill the template by doing the following:
- Complete the first three pages of tables in the template by providing information related to the three disorders.
- On page four of the template, explain the reasons you agree or disagree with Anna’s diagnosis of ADD (in at least 300 words). Support your opinion with information from academic sources.
- If you agree, list her symptoms that correspond with ADD. Identify at least one other problem or issue that would need to be treated.
- If you disagree, identify at least two problems or issues you believe are the most significant and most in need of treatment.
- Describe appropriate treatments for each identified problem or issue.
Add a title and reference page to the template and apply SPA standards to citation of sources, including in-text citations and full references.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Provided information related to ADD in the behavioral disorders template.||8|
|Provided information related to ODD in the behavioral disorders template.||8|
|Provided information related to CD in the behavioral disorders template.||8|
|Provided your opinion, supported with adequate information from academic sources, on whether Anna’s diagnosis of ADD is correct.||24|
|Based on agreement or disagreement with the diagnosis of ADD, identified other problems or issues (at least one if in agreement and at least two if not in agreement) that would need to be treated and described appropriate treatments for each.||32|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||20|