Assignment 1: Studying Diversity in Organizations
Diversity is a hot topic for industrial/organizational (I/O) professionals and with good reason, given the increasingly global nature of modern work organizations (Arokiasamy, 2013). In preparation for this discussion forum, review the current literature related to workplace diversity. In your review, pay particular attention to future diversity research recommendations mentioned in the literature.
For this discussion assignment, on the basis of your review of the diversity literature, respond to the following in a minimum of 300 words:
- Describe an area of workplace diversity that needs additional research.
- State your research question.
- Develop a research hypothesis.
- Describe a quasi-experimental research design that could be used to answer your research question.
Be sure to explain what elements of your proposed study make it a quasi-experimental research design.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources. Your response should rely upon at least two sources from additional professional literature—articles from peer-reviewed journals and relevant textbooks.
Arokiasamy, A. R. A. (2013). Literature review on workforce diversity,
employee performance, and organizational goals: A concept paper.
Researchers World, 4(4), 58–63.
- By Saturday, January 30, 2016, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, February 3, 2016, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts who chose perspectives different from yours. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between one two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion.