For this final project component, you will use the skills you gained in this unit’s study activities to implement a Best Buy store locator application for Smart Homes using the Ruby language and the Rails framework. The Ruby on Rails Store Locator requirements are the following:
- The Web application must use Best Buy’s BBYOpen API.
- The Web application must contain the following two user interfaces:
- The application must start with a Web page that allows the user to enter a zip code and a desired search radius in miles. Once the required data has been entered by the user, there should be a submit button to execute the search request.
- Upon submitting the search request, the user should be presented with a Web page that contains a table of stores nearest to that location.
- As an option, you may choose any mapping Web service (such as Google Maps) to display the search results onto a map.
- Your completed Ruby on Rails Store Locator solution should do the following:
- Demonstrate your ability to implement a non-trivial Web application using the Ruby programming language and Rails framework.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate third-party application programming interfaces to communicate with a Web service.
- Demonstrate your ability to implement a user interface that accepts user input without error