Use at least one project you have been a team member of, or a project manager for, as an example to contextualize the research topics below:
All of the following topics must be addressed in order for the paper to be complete:
- Define the importance of purchasing and supply management and how this relates to selecting a qualified supplier.
- Discuss how to select strategies for negotiating prices.
- Assemble the steps of the creation of a project supply, service, and material budget from detailed requirements.
- Illustrate the benefits and costs of outsourcing, and the growth pattern of outsourcing.
- Evaluation of the various organizations that are benchmarks in purchasing and supply management, and their best practices. Provide specific examples of companies who show market leadership in purchasing and supply management.
This is an assignment with a length of eight to ten pages that should integrate the reading, multi-media and class discussions. It is mandatory to have research from the classroom text, as well as three sources from scholarly sources to support your views.
Consider the validity of your resources carefully before using them in academic papers. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible, or build from your learning in the discussion boards.
Writing the Research Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, other than the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.