Many scholars have examined through research the so-called CSI effect and its impact on the criminal justice system. Some scholars argue that popular media portrayals of the universality and use of forensic evidence on television shows such as Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) and Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)have caused jurors in actual trials to expect forensic evidence to prominently feature in a prosecution’s case. When such evidence isn’t available, jurors determine that there is reasonable doubt, regardless of the strength of other direct or circumstantial evidence.
Using the Argosy University online library, search for scholarly articles on the CSI effect. Select an article from a scholarly journal and write a 2- to 3-page reaction paper concerning the article.
In your paper:
- Define the CSI effect for the purposes of the article.
- Analyze and identify the research questions in the article.
- Summarize the methods and findings of the chosen article.
- Provide your opinion concerning the implications of the study for the use of or lack of forensic evidence in criminal trials.
Be sure to cite properly in your paper the article that you choose to review.
- Save the document as M2_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc