Re: ZEEK THE GEEK ONLY
Accommodating Religious Practices in the Global Workplace
Countries have different approaches to religious practices in the workplace. In the Unites States, for example, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 expressly prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees based on their religion. Still, there might be exceptions that can favor the employer.
Research a recent (2011 or later) case where an individual claimed religious discrimination as a basis for his or her being fired. It is preferable if you choose a case that occurred in the country in which you currently work or plan to work.
- State the facts of the case.
- Identify any relevant laws (these may be social, traditional, or legal) utilized by the court/authority in considering or determining the outcome of the case.
- Define applicable legal/social doctrine or customs, provisions of the law or custom, and elements of a specific course of action.
Then, address the following:
- Are there exceptions to the doctrines or customs named above that give employers an advantage in hiring and firing employees? Explain your answer.
- What is the responsibility of employees with regard to their religious behavior in the workplace?
How might an employer avoid a religious discrimination lawsuit or issue? Provide three points on proactive religious policy in the workplace in the country you have chosen to study for your case.
Your paper should be well written and 3 pages in length, not counting the required title and reference pages.
Writing APA Format Required.
Include two scholarly references not assigned for this module that support your positions
12 Font double space Times roman In text Citations should be cited right
Reference page should be in alphabetical order