Assignment 2: Phase II – Selecting an HRS Application
Due Week 5 and worth 220 points
Now that you assessed the business, identified some of the inefficient HR related processes plaguing Glad well Grocery Stores, and pinpointed a few possible solutions, it is time to choose an HRS application that will suit the business. In this assignment, you will consider the HR function you chose in Phase I, and recommend the type of HRS that you believe would be the most efficient for addressing this function.
To prepare for this assignment, review the Glad well Grocery Stores case scenario, and then research potential HRS types and HRS vendors that may suit the needs for Mr. Bell and Glad well Grocery Stores.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
HRS Needs Assessment
- Prioritize the top three (3) benefits that an HRS will offer the business, and explain your position. Next, examine the effect of automation on creating a more efficient process for the HR function chosen in Phase I.
Choose HRS Type
- Based on your research, select the type of HRS that you plan to implement for your client. Analyze two (2) of the system’s offerings that you believe would be best suited to addressing your client’s needs. Then, assess two (2) ways that the selected HRS can improve efficiency for the HR function you chose in Phase I. Defend your decisions with theory and findings from past readings and class activities.
Choose HRS Vendor
- Now that you know the type of HRS you will be implementing, it is time to choose an HRS vendor. Compare and contrast two (2) vendors, including a description of the cost, capabilities, and HR functions that the HRS caters to. Based on your comparison, choose the HRS vendor that you will recommend to your client, and explain the main reason why you decided to choose this vendor over the others.
- Use at least (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow SPA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Create an HRS needs analysis and evaluate the acquisition process.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource information systems using proper writing mechanics.