During this final module you will complete the remaining sections of the Portfolio Project template—the plan to report data and findings to the business, and your professional reflection. Continue to organize your work in the template and incorporate any feedback received from your instructor throughout the course. The full project description is below.
Create an evaluation plan for a business or organization that wishes to assess the effectiveness of their training and workplace learning initiatives. The goal of the evaluation plan is to improve the performance of the targeted learners (employees of the business or organization) by improving the organization’s existing assessments and learning evaluations or by creating new ones. The process will include selecting a business or organization, creating a profile, conducting a needs analysis, setting objectives, collecting data, creating an assessment, planning feedback and reporting strategies, and reflecting on your work.
Each module of the course will help you to complete a required component of the Portfolio Project, as outlined below:
- Business /Organization Profile that includes the name, description, infrastructure available to support online delivery, and preferred online delivery method and tools. (Section One of Portfolio Template. Content covered in Module 2)
- Analysis: Baseline Needs Assessment Results that includes the request for assessment/evaluation, standards of performance, key performance metric, and measurable training goal (Section Two of Portfolio Template. Content covered in Module 3)
- Measureable Training Objectives developed to meet the identified training goal. Each objective should be specific, measurable, attainable, research-based, and time-bound (SMART) (Section Three of Portfolio Template. Content covered in Module 4)
- Data Collection Plan for each of the four levels that includes data needed, target groups, data collection methods, timeline for collection, and considerations for online delivery. (Section Four of Portfolio Template. Content covered in Module 4, 5 and Module 6)
- Create an Assessment for Online Delivery that is aligned to one or more of the measurable training objectives. (Section Five of Portfolio Template. Content covered in Modules 1, 4, & 6)
- Feedback to Learners Plan that includes description of how quality feedback will be provided to learners in the distance and digital learning environment along with rubrics or other tools and justification for how the feedback will help learners transfer learning to job performance. (Section Six of Portfolio Template. Content covered in Module 7)
- Reporting Data & Findings to Business Plan that includes a description of the report and presentation, including a table of contents for the report and the planned method and tools that would be used in the presentation. (Section Seven of Portfolio Template. Content covered in Module 8)
- Professional Reflection that addresses the following questions: How effective do you believe your plan will be and why? What questions or concerns do you anticipate the business or organization might have with regard to your plan? What is your favorite aspect of your plan and why? Are there areas in which you believe you need more practice or more information? How can you continue to improve your skills and understandings? Your reflection should be well written, cite at least three credible sources, and be 2-3 pages long.