I need this within 2 hours! Assignment for week 4 Choose a disorder of childhood or adolescence. Conduct a literature search on the chosen disorder. Create an annotated bibliography. Include a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed articles. This is an assignment posted by the u
Assignment for week 4
Choose a disorder of childhood or adolescence.
Conduct a literature search on the chosen disorder.
Create an annotated bibliography.
Include a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed articles.
This is an assignment posted by the university, not by the instructor.
Basically, the university wants students to learn how to compile an annotated bibliography.
· First, find 5 different peer reviewed articles on one specific childhood disorder.
· Read the articles and provide a summary of what each article contains. This will result in 5 different summaries/annotations.
· An example can be found below.
· The purpose of an annotated bib is to give a person who is searching for materials for their research an idea of the content and whether they want to use the article for their work.
· Do not be confused by the term “literature review” that is used by the university. Just use the term “annotated bibliography”.
· You can expect the total assignment to result in a minimum of 1200 – 1500 words.
· Be sure to provide a complete SPA reference for each of the 5 articles. The citation/reference must be accurate. Use the citation generator available on the U Op Library page.
· Each reference must be included at the beginning of each summary as shown in the example provided by the instructor. Therefore, no reference page is needed for this assignment.
Avoid deductions – state the purpose of the article.
Avoid deductions – make sure your citation is accurate and includes the author’s name and the
name of the journal along with all other data.
Avoid plagiarism – do not copy information from the article. Paraphrase.
Tips for this assignment:
Information from an abstract will not be sufficient for this assignment. You must read the peer-reviewed article in order to do the annotation. Definitions …. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/
An annotation is a summary and/or evaluation. Therefore, an annotated bibliography includes a summary and/or evaluation of each of the sources. Depending on your project or the assignment, your annotations may do one or more of the following.
Summarize: Some annotations merely summarize the source. What are the main arguments? What is the point of this article? What topics are covered? If someone asked what this article is about, what would you say? The length of your annotations will determine how detailed your summary is. Assess: After summarizing a source, it may be helpful to evaluate it. Is it a useful source? How does it compare with other sources in your bibliography? Is the information reliable? Is this source biased or objective? What is the goal of this source?