Create a work sheet by answering the Questions for Research and Discussion provided for each case study.
From your course textbook Case Workbook to Accompany Human Genetics: Concepts and Applications, read the case studies provided in the following chapters:
- “Overview of Genetics”
In a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, create a work sheet by answering the Questions for Research and Discussion provided for each case study. (Do not answer the multiple-choice questions).
Cite any sources in SPA format.
Name your document SEW_BIO3344_W1_A3_Last Name_First Initial.doc.
Submit your document to the W1 Assignment 3 Dropbox by Tuesday, June 21, 2016.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria
|Submitted the document for the case study in “Overview of Genetics” and it addressed the points given below:
- Identified all the criteria that you would use to determine whether synesthesia is a disorder or a variation of normal sensation and perception.
- Described the reasons why synesthesia is more common in the present scenario.
- Determined the possible reasons for infants to have synesthesia.
- Analyzed and justified whether you would consider a genetic test to confirm synesthesia.
- Analyzed and determined whether synesthesia should be regarded as a learning disability, an advantage, or neither.
|Submitted the document for the case study in “Cells” and it addressed the points given below:
- Analyzed and justified whether human male can breastfeed and described the conditions that must be provided to coax a male body to produce and secrete milk.
- Compared the milk composition of various mammals and determined why the proportion of milk components is consistent with the animal’s behavior.
- Described the roles of mitosis and apoptosis in remodeling Sheila’s breast from a fatty sac to an active milk gland.