Milestone 1: Site Selection And Layout Design
- Create a Project Proposal document stating the basic elements that you will include in your website. Include a cover sheet with your name, course, and week number. The body of your report must include
- site title;
- rationale or focus of the site;
- outline of main elements;
- target audience;
- design considerations; and
- limiting factors.
- Prepare a site map using a diagramming application, such as Visio, including
- layout of the site (identify all pages and their relationships);
- page filenames (use ISO standard naming conventions);
- links between pages (show the relationships using arrows); and
- navigation structure (choose which type of navigation structure best suits your topic).Upon completion, name your single, MS Word document as lastname_CIS363_projectWk1.
- Grading Rubric
- In the diagramming application, use the Save As option to create an image file (jpg, gif, or png) of your site. Copy this image file into your Project Proposal document.
|Proposal format||9||20||Cover page, headings, APA guidelines|
|Proposal content||9||20||All points addressed (Milestone 1A) with adequate content|
|Site storyboard||9||20||All pages identified (5–7)|
|Site storyboard filenames||9||20||Appropriate filenames (ISO standard)|
|Site storyboard links||9||20||Reasonable linkages and navigation|
|Total||45||100||A quality project will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
Milestone 2—Page Layout Design
- Create a site specification based on the information you developed in Milestone 1. Make sure to add
- a mission statement;
- how to measure site success;
- a description of the intended audience;
- how to determine user satisfaction; and
- technological issues that might influence site development.
- Prepare a detailed page layout design in Visio, including
- a header area;
- a link area;
- a main content area; and
- a footer area. Upon completion, name your single, MS Word document as lastname_CIS363_projectWk2.
- Grading Rubric
- This layout will be the main design template for all of the pages in your site. In future weeks, you will be altering the main content areas as needed.
|Site spec format||9||20||Cover page and headings|
|Site spec content||9||20||All points addressed with adequate content|
|Page layout boxes or areas defined||9||20||At least four requested areas|
|Page layout white space||9||20||Adequate spacing of boxes or areas|
|Page layout appeal||9||20||Appropriate usability|
|Total||45||100||A quality project will meet or exceed all of the above reqirements.|
Milestone 3: Implement Site Navigation
Based on the site map and page layout from Milestone 1, create all pages as per your site diagram. To do this, you must have the filenames of major site pages determined. You should have a home page (index.htm) and all of the subpages created. Navigation links between the site pages must function. The subpages do not need to have much content, but they must be created and contain the navigation elements and placeholder elements for your content. Begin to implement the box model with <div> tags and CSS.