- Refer to “RetailMax: Role for Cam Archer” and “RetailMax: Role for Regan Kesse.”
Create a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that includes an introduction and conclusion that make relevant connections to course objectives and addresses the following for both Kessel and Archer:
- Who has the greatest potential power and why?
- What power bases represent each person’s power?
- Did stereotypical gender roles influence either party to proceed in a certain manner? Explain how they did or did not act stereotypically.
- What social factors (such as reputation, the prior relationship between the parties, and their mutual ties to others in the organization, including the CEO) affected each person’s power? Support your comments with
- What assumptions is each side making about the other?
- Why should Archer be interested in the position? Will it strengthen her power?
- Should Kessel hire Archer? What effect might it have on his power if he hires her?
- What positive effect might hiring an external applicant instead have on Kessel’s power?
- What should Kessel offer Archer for compensation and why?
- Should Archer accept the position? Why or why not?
- After considering all of the above, evaluate who used social power most effectively and why.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center