Explain how analytical tools support modern law enforcement and corrections operations.
ASSIGNMENT: 700-1000 words
Create a detailed report that will be presented to a local city council, for your city. If you are unable to find local information, select your state capitol.
Using statistical data on your state’s crime rates for the most recent year—including mean, median, and mode—create a report to be presented to your local city council containing the following information in a bar or pie chart:
Discussing the Mean, Median and Mode in regards to EACH OF these questions problems:
1. Part I violent crime (4 specific types)
2. Part I property crime (4 specific types)
3. Calls for service
4. Clearance rates
5. Arrest rates
6. Number of police officers per population
7. Gender and racial composition of police department and composition of city as a percentage
8. Recidivism rate for individuals on probation
9. Recidivism rate for individuals on parole
Use the following links for examples and help creating charts:
- Click here for examples of analytical trends and charts.
If CTRL+clicking “here” doesn’t work, here’s the link: http://www.iaca.net/dc_sample_products.asp
- Click here for examples of evaluation and assessment reports and charts.
If CTR+clicking “here” doesn’t work, here’s the link: http://www.crimeanalysis.umd.edu/products.php
- Click here for help creating charts.
If CTRL+clicking “here” doesn’t work, here’s the link:https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-chart-0baf399e-dd61-4e18-8a73-b3fd5d5680c2?CorrelationId=cb6892f1-9289-42d9-8289-9e723560b5e9&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
The International Association of Crime Analysts. (2011). Sample analyst products. Retrieved from http://www.iaca.net/dc_sample_products.asp
Office. (2014). Create a chart. Retrieved from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/create-a-chart-HP001233728.aspx
University of Maryland. (n.d.). Crime analysis training and technical assistance for Maryland. Retrieved from http://www.crimeanalysis.umd.edu/products.php
Create a word document which substantively answers the following questions (listed in assignment with numbered-bullet points) with a Pie or Bar chart to coincide
Recommended that you use a city (Tacoma) or state you live in (Washington State) or the nearest biggest city in the state (Seattle) or State police/State police agencies.
What would you be doing? You’ll be writing a detailed report/written presentation (I’m the analyst) looking at statistics and presenting this report to that governing body (city council or state legislature)
- Use the year 2014 if the 2015 year isn’t available