Students will create a consultancy plan that helps Mike, Ethan and Daisy run the business, both day-to-day and over the long term (strategically). Be succinct in your writing but persuasive so that the recommendations will have positive outcomes for the business.
Students are not using buzz-word and are not defining terms using a dictionary. Students are expected to present the material in a professional manner describing and explaining to the owners. As a consultant, you should be secure in your presentation to Mike, Ethan and Daisy.. Avoid telling the owners that they should do this or must do that but write in an action-oriented manner. Students are expected to make connections between the facts of the case study and concepts, theories, and ideas presented in the course material.
- In creating the consultancy report, students will first assess the business and identify specific areas of strengths and weaknesses of the business as it relates to the components of the P-O-L-C. In completing this section, do not create a heading for each element of the P-O-L-C but write from the perspective of the consultant discussing the strengths and weaknesses of the business;
- Select a management style (class hierarchy, democratic hierarchy, collaborative management or collective management) and explain why the selected model is most appropriate for Outdoor Adventure Paintball Park;
- Develop roles and responsibility of the owners and employees (Be creative in completing this task);
- Discuss why these positions are necessary to the business;
- Make specific recommendations for improving the management of Outdoor Adventure Paintball Park. Cover all aspects of the P-O-L-C. This area of the paper specifically addresses the areas of strengths and weaknesses identified above and puts in place a plan for the short and long –term success of the business;
- Create a balanced scorecard that will help Outdoor Adventure Paintball Park align its business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improves communication and monitors performance against goals;
- Students are expected to show what they have learned in the course by applying theories and concepts. Be sure to support your reasoning.
Required Formatting of Management:
- The management plan should be in APA format, 12-point font, and between 6-8 pages (full pages are expected and 5.5 pages does not count as 6 pages) in length excluding the title page , abstract page and reference page. Include full APA including an abstract, headers, and page numbers. Make sure all references are listed with an author name and date. Remember that the text, websites, dictionaries and encyclopedias do not count as references, nor do references dated prior to 2000. You may use them and list them but they will not count toward required reference count. Eight references are required.
- Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructor’s name:
- An abstract, introductory paragraph, a summary paragraph and the use of headings are required; (they should be labeled)
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes other than in identifying the mission statement and vision statement.
- Write in the third person.
- You are expected to use several theories by name and concepts by name, applied to the case. Feel free to use a graphic to demonstrate how they work together. This is critical so that the paper will not be generic but specific to the exact material used in class .