Unit Assignments Unit IV Article Review Could you be pushed to commit a horrific crime?
Although most individuals can readily predict their response during a stressful situation, recent advancements have revealed that situational forces can have a far greater impact on one’s behavior than previously acknowledged. In fact, discoveries have been revealed which provide shocking insight into human behaviors and abuse. Read the article by Hong (2012) and write a two-page review examining how “normal” individuals can become vulnerable to heinous acts when placed under certain duress. What can be learned from Zimbardo’s prison experiment? Can certain correlations be drawn from the conditions in Abu Ghraib? Could you blindly follow the commands received by an authority figure?
Hong, J. K. (2012). The Lucifer Effect: Understanding how good people turn evil. Army Lawyer, 55-58. Retrieved from Academic OneFile database.
* Tips for locating the article: Locate the article within the CSU Online Library. After you log into your myCSU Student Portal homepage, click on the CSU Online Library button. Next, go to the Academic OneFile database. Select the index for “Author” and type the name “Joon K. Hong” in the search box. You should then see the article listed in your choices. You can always contact one of the librarians for further assistance.
* Tips for writing your Article Review:
- Introduction: This is meant to give a concise overview of the article being discussed, and is usually one paragraph in length.
- Summary: This contains the summary of the article that gives the general argument(s) and overview of the featured author.
- Analysis: In this portion of the paper, you should provide a review of the article. You should state whether you agree or disagree with the issues that were posed. Furthermore, you should also discuss why you agree or disagree with the author’s viewpoint(s). Do not forget to discuss the importance of this article to the field of psychology. You MUST use the material from the textbook to support your opinion.
- Conclusion: This summarizes your final thoughts for the featured topic. Note: Do not forget to double space your response and use Times New Roman 12 pt. font. This written assignment should have a cover page, two full pages of content in which you organize the four sections of the article review based on the guidelines as listed above, and a references page. You are required to utilize the textbook and assigned article to support your stance on this topic. BOTH sources should be included on your references page. You should also have accompanying in-text citations for each source that you have used throughout your response. Follow APA format guidelines.