Use the following resources for the Assignment:
- World Health Organization. (n.d.). Countries. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/countries/en/
- Document: Week 6 Example (PDF)
The World Health Organization’s “Statistical Information System” is an interactive database that allows you to compare health indicators for multiple countries. For this Assignment, you will compare data from the two countries you selected for the Discussion with the United States (i.e., compare the same countries in both the Discussion and the Assignment).
In preparation for this Assignment, consider the value of using standardized quantitative health measures or indicators to compare information internationally. Examine the definitions of indicators presented in the Learning Resources, including pages 55–62 of the Shi and Singh (2015) textbook.
Use the WHO website found in this week’s Learning Resources to examine country statistics and profiles. Create a table to record data related to three health indicators for the three countries (i.e., the two you have selected to compare with the United States, for a total of three countries) as illustrated in the Week 6 Example document (located in the Learning Resources).
Once your table is complete, compare the data and analyze it in light of the information presented in this week’s Learning Resources and the research you conducted for the Discussion. What insights does this comparison give you about health and disease within the U.S. health care delivery system and the systems of the two other countries you selected?
Write a paper in which you:
- Identify the two countries that you are comparing with the United States.
- Define the three health indicators you have selected for your analysis and explain why you chose them.
- Include the table you created to record and compare your data.
- Summarize the results of your comparison, sharing at least two insights that you gained through this analysis of health and disease in the United States and your two selected countries.
General Guidance on Assignment Length: Your Assignment should be 2–3 pages, excluding a title page and references. Refer to the Week 6 Assignment Rubric for grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use the rubric to assess your work