Save this document and place your answers into it so you can submit it to the appropriate homework dropbox. Handwritten solutions should be scanned and saved as a BMP, GIF, or JPG image, or scanned and pasted into this document.
Solve the following problems:
- For the given system
where and H(s) = 1,
- Determine the phase margin when K = 0.16 (you may use the function margin in MATLAB. Note: you need to use the open-loop transfer function, not closed-loop).
- Use the phase margin to estimate the damping ratio and predict the overshoot.
- (c) Calculate the actual damping ratio and the overshoot, and compare with the part (b) estimate.
- Consider the system below:
Compute the loop transfer function L(s) (Product of all three blocks), and sketch the Bode plots when K=5. What are the gain and phase margin and is the system stable?
- Consider the flexible robot arm system below:
Select K (trial and error) so that the system has the maximum phase margin.