- Interpret the essentials and processes of new product development.
- Compose ideas for test marketing, product introduction, and commercialization of new products to market.
- Describe and understand the benefits of branding, brand attributes, and significance of brand equity.
- Execute a working knowledge of designing and developing successful brands.
Creating your “BRAND ”
In Unit 1, you researched one of the United States’ top 100 brands and 2 of its competitors. In this discussion assignment, you will introduce a fictitious brand that will compete in the same category. Although the brand you will invent is not real, use this opportunity to develop skills and treat the exercise as if it were a professional project for pay.
Remember that the discussion takes place over two weeks and your weekly posts must be made in the specified week to earn credit.
WEEK 3 MAIN DISCUSSION POST:
- Introduce your brand.
- Identify all brand elements (logos, slogans, symbols, trademarks, characters, and packaging).
- Provide rationale for each of the elements in the context of the 3 competitors you researched in Unit 1.
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite the source(s) in SPA format.
WEEK 4 MAIN DISCUSSION POST:
- Compare your brand to the competitors in terms of positioning.
- What are the points of parity?
- What are the points of differentiation?
- Define the positioning opportunities for your brand.
If you are engaging in research, be sure to cite the source(s) in SPA format.
|MT 665 Unit 2 Discussion Board||Possible POINTS|
|W3 Main Post: Introduce your brand||5|
|W3 Main Post: Identify and provide rationale for all brand elements||10|
|W4 Main Post: points of parity||5|
|W4 Main Post: points of differentiation||5|
|W4 Main Post: positioning opportunities for your brand||5|
|Week 3 Interactive Responses (2)
|Week 4 Interactive Responses (2)
|Grade for Unit 2 Discussion Board||50|
|Grading will be based on Content, Application, Research, Mechanics (SPA format, spelling grammar, punctuation) and Style – (Organization, readability, using your own words). Please click here to view MKT665 Grading Rubric.|