Week 2 discussion and responses His 306
- Discuss the role of nationalism in the interwar period.
- What is nationalism?
- What characteristics constitute nationalism?
- Compare the nationalism in the Allied countries to that of the Axis countries.
- How were they different?
- How were they similar?
- How was nationalism used to mobilize citizens?
- How was it used to justify authoritarianism?
- Discuss the role of fascism in the interwar period.
- What is fascism?
- What characteristics distinguish fascist states from merely authoritarian regimes?
- What were the driving forces that accounted for the rise in fascism during the interwar period in Europe?
- Why did the average person allow fascism to take hold?