Some people get confused with the terminology surrounding death investigations and their classification, such as natural death, accidental, suicide, and homicide. For this reason, criminal investigators must be well-versed in the various death classifications. Use your textbook, the Internet, to research articles on death investigation.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the fundamental differences in natural death, accidental death, suicide, and homicide.
- Select an article concerning a type of death of your choice and summarize the key factors that the police used to classify the type of death. Suggest one (1) additional factor that the police should collect for the death investigation.
- Compare the fundamental differences in investigating a death case versus other types of crimes.
- Determine the goal and the main procedure of a preliminary death investigation. Include one (1) example of a successful preliminary death investigation to support your response.
- Analyze the main ways in which various environmental factors may influence the medical examination and autopsy in death investigations.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.