Please review the following link and watch the section videos.
Refer to tutorials at http://www.gcflearnfree.org/excel2013 and watch the video:
- Freezing Panes and view Options
- Sorting Data
- Filtering Data
- Groups and subtotals
After watching the Excel videos, please continue developing the Abacus Excel spreadsheet exercises as noted below.
Basic Spreadsheet Concepts.(2009). Abacus training. Retrieved from http://www.abacustraining.biz/Exercises/Excel/BasicSSConcepts.htm
Exercise 5 – Mike’s Lunch Bar
Exercise 6 – Mike’s Furniture Store
Exercise 7 – Weekly Income Schedule
Exercise 2 – Use the Sales and Produce Department spreadsheet created in the Intermediate Spreadsheet Exercise 2 at http://tfacomputers.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/3/5/13350957/excel_basic_exercises.pdf to create the Pie Chart below.
Create similar Pie Charts for other Fruits in this spreadsheet such as kiwifruit, pears, and nectarines. Hint: use the CTRL key to highlight or select the cells or columns you need to create these charts.
Create an Excel file with designated folders 1-4 to develop the above exercises.
SLP Assignment Expectations
The SLP should be developed in Excel, and the file and should be uploaded as your completed assignment.
Your assignments will be graded following these expectations:
- Precision: the questions asked are answered.
- Clarity: Your answers are clear and show your good understanding of the topic.
- Breadth and depth: The scope covered in your paper is directly related to the questions of the assignment and the learning objectives of the module.
- Critical Thinking: It is important to read the “required readings” posted in the background material plus others you find relevant. Your paper should include important concepts from these readings and incorporate your reactions and examples that illustrate your reflective judgment and good understanding of the concepts