Textbook1. Assessment in Special Education: A Practical Approach
Read chapters 7 and 8 in Assessment in Special Education: A Practical Approach.
Additional Material1. RTI Case Study: Laney
Review “RTI Case Study: Laney” to inform this week’s assignment.
Clinical Field Experience B: Understanding Diagnostic Assessments – The Role of the School Psychologist
Allocate 2 hours to complete this part of the Clinical Field Experience.
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview.
Interview a school psychologist about diagnostic assessments and his or her role in the process of evaluating individuals with exceptionalities. Your interview should address the following prompts:
- The criteria and distinguishing factors of nonbiased formal and informal diagnostic assessments;
- Examples of and how nonbiased formal diagnostic assessments are administered to individuals with exceptionalities, including any legal and ethical requirements;
- Examples of and how nonbiased informal diagnostic assessments are administered to individuals with exceptionalities, including any legal and ethical requirements;
- How the school psychologist interprets information from a nonbiased formal diagnostic assessment;
- How the school psychologist interprets information from a nonbiased informal diagnostic assessment;
- How the assessment information is used in making eligibility, program and placement decisions for individuals with exceptionalities; and
- Strategies in communicating assessment results to various stakeholders.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Present Levels of Educational Performance
Based on the information provided, begin the process of drafting a 250-500-word summary of Laney’s current educational performance that could later be incorporated into a Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFP) section of an IEP.
Your draft should include:
3.Performance in classes;
4.Influences of language, culture, and family background;
5.Strengths, preferences, and interests in nonacademic areas; and
6.Any other relevant issues.
Also indicate in your draft summary any additional information that should be collected
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required
Topic 3 DQ 2 word- count 200
Gathering information for a child study team meeting can come from a variety of sources. Discuss the possible sources and which stakeholders play a role in gathering said information.
Topic 3 DQ 1 word- count 200
What are some behaviors that could warrant the need for an academic evaluation? If an academic evaluation is conducted, what are the objectives?