Choose one of the human services populations from the following list, and conduct research using peer-reviewed journal articles from the University Library. Suggested databases include the ProQuest® social sciences or the PsycINFO® databases on the chosen population.
- At-risk older adults
- Mental illness
- Developmental disabilities
- At-risk youth
- Substance abuse
- Victims of domestic violence
- Physical disabilities
Include human services as part of your search. The more specific criteria you choose, the more relevant your paper will be.
Write a 1,750 paper that addresses the following:
- Address the interpersonal skills needed to work with this population.
- Address personal and professional qualities that help human services professionals successfully work with this population.
- Does this population require differential treatment? Why or why not? Is there anything that warrants a change in the human services worker’s style, behaviors, or attitudes?
- Include strategies to use and actions to take to improve your professional skills in this area.
- Address potential challenges and how you would meet and overcome them.
- Reference at least three peer-reviewed journal articles that support your statements and ideas.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.