Due Week 6 and worth 300 points
Based on the same scenario as in Assignments 1 and 2, you are ready to begin considering the factors needed for your proposal based on RFP #123456789, dated 07/14/2014. Remember that another local competitor intends to submit a proposal as well.
Before beginning this assignment, review FAR Subpart 19.5—Set-Asides for Small Business, located at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/html/Subpart%2019_5.html
Additional factors to consider are:
- Both your company and your competitor’s company will qualify under the HUBZone Act
- Based upon the scope of work required, your initial estimates for the contract will exceed $150,000. Therefore, you are willing to offer incentives to the Navy.
- Your competitor intends to submit a proposal for a one (1) year contract.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Examine two (2) reasons why your business would qualify under the basic concepts of the HUBZone Set-Aside Procedures. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the primary way(s) in which a multiyear contract would benefit both the Navy and your business.
- Determine whether your bid proposal should be based on a fixed-price, a cost-reimbursement, or a time-and-materials type of contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the category of incentives that you are willing to offer (i.e., cost, schedule, or performance). Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine whether your bid proposal should be a technical, management, or cost proposal. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Speculate on five (5) potential risk factors that you will need to consider if your company is awarded the contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Interpret the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it relates to small-business programs.
- Describe the various types of contracts and considerations for their use.
- Outline and explain the process for developing competitive proposals and source selection.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in federal acquisition and contract management.
- Write clearly and concisely about federal acquisition and contract management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.